So there are times when we have our eye on something a little bit expensive and see another something a little bit expensive which would go perfectly with the first... or maybe it is just me and my shopping addiction? When thinking about my very, very, very long wishlist I thought about the "Purchased" items from my expensive list and the budget priced best friends which match perfectly with it and postpone my "click into basket" of the more expensive version.


The "scrimp" and "splurge" duo are a combination which I have been greatly enjoying these past few weeks are the Sleek Contour Kit in Medium (£6.49) and the Charlotte Tilbury Powder & Sculpt Brush (£35).



The Charlotte Tilbury Powder and Sculpt Brush is a brush of contouring dreams. All year I have been searching for the perfect contour brush but like Goldilocks, they were either too small or too big and blended too much or too little. Finally Charlotte released her long awaited make-up line and as soon as my eyes landed on this brush, it landed in my shopping basket! It is beautifully tapered so as not to pick up too much powder and with its size it fits perfectly into the hollows of my cheeks. It blends well enough to not leave a large line but not too much to leave a bronzed cheek look rather than a contour! With this brush, any matte non-orange bronzer will create the perfect contour on all cheeks.


The Sleek Contour Kit contains a contour and highlighter and is super super affordable! I have been eyeing up the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder for months now (perhaps even over a year?!) but with a contour kit already in my collection and an inexperienced hand I didn't see that the investment was right at the time and I am glad I held off because with my new brush this makes a fantastic contour with my skin tone! It isn't orange to look muddy nor too cool to be off-set against my warm skin tones. It is smooth and blends well and the highlighter is great, a bit shimmery, but with a light hand it looks glowy and is even more perfect for night outs - which is usually when I contour anyway!


Overall this duo is amazing and a perfect balance in price! Plus this amaaaazing brush has held off my need want for the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder. Perhaps one day I shall invest in the powder but for now I am perfectly content in my little duo!

Do you have a perfect Contour duo?

Post a Comment

Contact

© Coquette Noelle
Design by The Basic Page